Wednesday, August 6, 2008

8/6 Problems & Delays

As a city dweller I'm used to convenience.....ok, I have grown dependent on it! Every store and product I could ever want is basically within a 10 mile radius of me. So planning a construction project without the need for endless trips back to the local building supply store has proved difficult for me to achieve. This weekend we needed to put the carriage bolts through the beams and posts. I had bought the drill bit, confirmed with the "experts" at the store that it was correct for the carriage bolts, then drove the 4 hours north to install them only to discover the bit did not fit into the new drill. Late Saturday afternoon on the Iron Range is not the time to find a new one. So we were not able to start the walls as I had wanted. Another delay. We will have to learn to plan ahead in all aspects of our life soon enough. (I hope to enjoy that lesson more once I have a roof over my head!)

No comments: