Tuesday, August 12, 2008

8/12 Great weekend up north!

Great weekend up north!! The weather was great and things went very smoothly. We got the carriage bolts installed and started framing walls. I must say this weekend was very fun. The walls going up was really satisfying and being able to look out my future window and see the view made it all feel very real. I also drew the floor plan on the sub floor to see how it all lays out. I think I may tweak a few things, relocate a couple of windows for better views. I figure now is the time to second guess myself. The weather is getting very cold at night and Matt made ME get up and start the morning fire. It just shows who the tough one is! I also ordered the fireplace/cookstove. This is one area I really splurged and feel like we made a good selection. We chose a "bakers oven" by an Australian company. Mainly because 1) I can see and enjoy the fire 2) It has an oven to bake in and 3) it is a combustion heater. Isn't she a beauty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing!

This will be a fun to watch.

:)

Nanci