Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moving on UP

I have really dropped the ball on this blog, but I'll bring it up to date. I'm having problems with photobucket but I hope to have new pictures up soon. The big news is I was laid off yesterday. So I'll be up north with Matt but I will be desperately looking for a new job up north. We still have some bills to pay off. The house has come a long way. 75% of the roof is up, thanks to the help of Matt's dad Bill..... thanks Bill!! The fireplace is in and we have moved our stuff up. This week Matt and I'll finish the insulation (as much as we can with only 75% of the roof up) and install the kitchen cabinets. But the main thing is we are able to stay warm, dry and cook all kinds of food. The cookstove has worked amazing and I'm very pleased. We are still working on getting a slow burn so we can wake up to a warm house. We will be ready for visitors in less than a month and hope people come up and see us. The area is really beautiful and there are a lot of things to do and see!!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

YIPPEEEE! Finalmente! Obama gets voted in and you update your blog; it IS a momentous week!

Looks good, kid!